E Fichna Journal

Friday, November 09, 2007

Treatment exercise

In today's seminar, we had a practice exercise on how to do Treatments and Proposals for a screenplay. I only had 15 minutes to come up with a story and base the story on 5 character traits from the movie we had to see as homework. This is my story. With this I got to write a screenplay by 16/11/07. Writing has to be my weakest point in this course, not very good at it. But I am a little bit confident with this now. Jools really liked my story idea, and with a bit of help with the grammar and stuff it came out really good.

Treatment

  • A man named Gary who just finished his training and join the military only to find out what happened to his brother.
  • He is very stubborn and loyal to what his really mission is, and a strong solider
  • Under cover to find answers
  • He just follows their everyday order while sneaking around to find out clues, so he can ruin their plan.
  • Takes place in India 2018, in a war.

    2018. Gary a rookie solider joins the military on a goal to find out what happened to his brother in the war against India. No one will talk about his death, which makes Gary determined to find out more. As he trains in India, he starts to hear rumours of something strange going on inside the military. Something that is inhuman. Gary decides to go under cover to find out clues to reveal this plan and its link to his brother’s death.

The documentary proposal exercise still confuses me. I hope we get a lecture on how to do it. Jools told us the brief of it, but I would like to know more to understand it better. This exercise has really helped me out and I help out with the character's course work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home