E Fichna Journal

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Group update and Mark Thomas's Coca Cola documentary

We have been having problems with our group. we was a four but one left to go to the other group and the other left to do another pathway, so it's just me and Richard in my group. I don't know how this happened to be honest.

Anyway we decided to do our documentary on a homeless person Richard knows. We are going to film him this Saturday. The documentary is going to be only 3 minutes long and will follow his life on a Saturday. We will see what he does all day and will be interviewing people on what they think of the Homeless, but it will still be more focused on him.

I have been watching documentaries all week as research, and the one that stood out the most to me was programme called Dispatches. They do loads of documentaries on different subjects. Last Monday was about Mark Thomas documentary on Coca Cola.



When I saw the title I thought this was going to be boring, but it wasn't. It was about how coca cola supported the Nazi's in World War two and how they are destroying farmers businesses in India by stealing their water supplies. There are even gangs going around killing people who work for Coco cola. I couldn't believe what I was watching, how could a product cause so much damage?

Reference Links

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/dispatches/mark+thomas+on+cocacola/1068847
http://www.waronwant.org/?lid=15153

I liked this because it shows how to make a subject more interesting and I watched how he did the voice over, and how he interviews people on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home